Monday, August 8, 2011

Reflection

The use of many different programs was first difficult as I thought about which would be best. I started modelling with sketchup first then switched to 3DS max as I thought about the difficulty when exporting to crysis when I had to combine the habitats.

Whenever I got stuck trying to design something, I'd refer back to the 2 buidlings I'd chosen from Jorn Utzon and then tried to incorporate his design into my work. It helped and with some editing I could think of new designs to try out. The 2 structures I chose are very different, 1 being a plain brick building and the other a more complex building with glass and a zig-zag form.

So far I find the assignment quite fun as we are quite free to use our imaginations to create a creature, it's home and habitat with our chosen architect sort of as our guide. AR provides a new angle from which presentation can be done and might be challenge as we consider new elements for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment